Monday, April 4, 2011

Tea in Victoria

I must say, the first time I experienced afternoon tea probably spoiled me for life.  It was served in the beautiful conservatory at Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC, which seemed the ideal place to relax. The surrounding flowers and lily pond presented a perfect backdrop. 

I chose Earl Grey tea, now one of my favorites, and was delighted when the three-tiered tray was set before us. Filled with fancy tea sandwiches, fresh baked scones and delectable desserts, it was too pretty to eat. That lasted about 60 seconds while we took mental pictures, and then proceeded to demolish the whole thing. Maybe not lady-like, but an homage to the nicest experience one could imagine; great presentation, wonderful food, and steaming hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment